Breathing Apparatus User
This new course at SMT is 25% off as an introductory offer!
This course will train delegates in the correct methods on how to make up, test and proficiently use self-contained breathing apparatus. In addition to this, delegates will be made aware of the variety of factors which can impact the safe use and maintenance of SCBA sets and the variety of environments where SCBA equipment can be used and the impact of hazardous gases and changes in oxygen levels. The course is consists of both theoretical and practical sessions, during which delegate will be required to show their level of knowledge and understanding of the training programme content.
By the end of this training programme delegates will be aware of:
· The physiology of respiration
· The composition of air and the effect changes in this composition has on the human body
· A variety of hazardous gases and the effect these have on the human body
· The requirements and purpose of respiratory protection
· The main components of a self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA) set
· Correct care and maintenance of a BA set
· Cylinder durations and the different categories they fall into
· Pre-use testing, operation and wearing of a SCBA
· Aware of the factors that affect air consumption and methods of air management
Delegates will be assessed throughout the course, and will be required to complete a written assessment and also undertake practical exercises.
Due to certain aspects of the course being physically demanding and potentially stressful, delegates will be required to confirm their medical fitness & physical ability to participate on this course by completing our centre medical self-screening form prior to course commencement
Where delegates successfully meet the Learning Outcomes of the course they will be issued with an Breathing Apparatus User In-House Training Certificate (BA)
There is no revalidation period for this training programme, but refresher training is recommended every 2 years.