LIQUEFIED NATURAL GAS (LNG) AWARENESS TRAINING WITH GAS SUPPLIER
2 Day Course
Price £650.00 Exc.VAT
The overall aim of the training is to ensure that the delegates attending the course are capable of rolling out the LNG fuel systems and implementing the correct procedures with confidence within the safety management systems and have confidence around risk managing the process.
- Introduction to LNG
- The drivers for using LNG as a fuel
- Properties of LNG
- Hazards of LNG the ecological facts on LNG
- Cryogenic storage – different solutions for ships
- Types of tank used for the storing of LNG
- The ecological facts on LNG
- The economical facts on LNG
- Setting up technical specs for LNG fueling systems.
- LNG bunkering – what to expect – technical solutions.
- Coordination/advise of the LNG project for the project management team within your organisation
- Regulations applicable to the use of LNG as a fuel
- LNG Bunker delivery methods
- Safe Bunkering
- The Bunkering Operation
- Management of LNG Fuel Tanks (to be discussed with your organization and thus depending on the installation that we will have)
- Gas Measuring Instruments
Delegates will need:
All course material will be provided which includes the SGMF introductory guide & bunkering guide.
Day 1 – Stream Marine Training facility at Glasgow International Airport
Day 2 – At BOC (Gas Supplier) Facilities at either Camubslang or Motherwell TBC
On day 2 BOC will invite the delegates to their Cambuslang or Motherwelll plant to be presented with a day looking at safe storage of LNG in tanks and a look at the bunkering operations involved with LNG with their tankers and equipment. This will provide a good insight into what is required for the safety management system and risk assessment in bunkering operations and will look at the associated risks with the advantage of seeing the equipment and systems first hand
For group bookings call Stream Marine Training on 44 (0) 141 212 8777 for rates.
Pre-requisites: If you are unsure of which pre-requisites you may need for a course, please go to https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/maritime-and-coastguard-agency to check.