Further Offshore Emergency Response Team Leader (FOERTL)
Duration: 1.5 Days
The main aim of this further programme is to allow Offshore Emergency Response Team Leader delegates to practice and be assessed on live fire exercises which they would not be able to conduct in the workplace.
Attendance on this training programme is open to delegates who can provide proof of the following course prerequisites:
- A valid OPITO Approved Offshore Emergency Response Team Leader certificate or a valid OPITO (FOERTL) Further Offshore Emergency Response Team Leader training certificate
- Due to certain aspects of the course being physically demanding and potentially stressful, delegates will be required to confirm their medical fitness & physical ability to participate on this course by completing our centre medical self-screening form prior to course commencement
- Maintaining relative communications during an emergency
- Effectively directing the emergency response team during an exercise
- Allocating and confirming the teams duties and tasks
- Monitoring the team’s progress, evaluating, adjusting and communicating the response plan
- Monitoring stress in self and others
- Briefing and debriefing of team members
On successful completion of the training programme delegates will be issued with an OPITO approved certificate and entered onto OPITO’s Central register. Validity 2 years.
Delegates will need
Toiletries and Change of Clothing are Required
Government Issued Photographic ID eg Driving Licence or Passport
Campsie Drive,East Campus,
Glasgow International Airport,
Prerequisites: If you are unsure of which prerequisites you may need for a course, please go to https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/maritime-and-coastguard-agency to check.