STCW 2010 BASIC Training in Liquified Gas Tanker Cargo Operations – MCA Approved
Course Duration: 2 days
Course Fee: £450.00 excluding VAT
Tanker Fire Fighting Course or (FPFF or AFF inclusive of Tanker firefighting component)
To give seafarers the essential education and training in tanker cargo operations to meet the knowledge, understanding and proficiency (KUP) requirements set out in the specific part of the following: Table A-V/1-2-1.
- Function: Liquefied gas tanker cargo operations.
- Competence: Contribute to the safe cargo operation of a liquefied gas tanker.
- Take precautions to prevent hazards.
- Apply occupational health and safety precautions and measures.
- Carry out firefighting operations.
- Respond to emergencies.
- Take precautions to prevent pollution of the environment from the release of liquefied gases.
There are three outcomes to the training
- Outcome 1: The learner knows the properties of liquefied gas and the hazards associated with them.
- Outcome 2: The learner can apply health, safety and environmental precautions and measures in working on liquefied gas tankers.
- Outcome 3: The learner can carry out safe liquefied gas tanker cargo operations.
- Relevant symbols according to the types of Gas carried on board Liquified Gas tankers.
- Relationship between pressure and temperature, including vapour pressure/temperature.
- How an electrostatic charge may be generated.
- Hazards associated with Liquified Gas cargoes.
- Inerting, drying agents and monitoring techniques.
- Hazard controls.
- Gas-measuring instruments.
- Safety equipment and protective devices.
- Safe working practices and procedures.
- Effects of liquefied gas pollution on human and marine life.
- Loading, unloading, care in transit, tank cleaning, purging, gas-freeing and inerting cargo.
- Different Liquified Gas tanker types, including their general arrangement and construction.
- Brittle Fracture.
Campsie Drive,East Campus,
Glasgow International Airport,
Award: MCA approved certificate
Revalidation: Not required
For group bookings call Stream Marine Training on 44 (0) 141 212 8777 for rates.