With the ever changing COVID restrictions and the movement of our operating regions into various tiers in Scotland, we would like to take this opportunity to update you and provide reassurance for all of our delegates and clients that we remain open in a safe environment.
Stream Marine Training Limited being one of the largest government approved training providers, are classed as a critical safety service supplier to key workers. Therefore, we remain open but only with your support in following our Covid Safe Working Practices.
These practices include:
- Medical checks and safe areas
- Protective screens and compulsory face coverings
- One-directional routes set up around the premises
- Markings on the floor for equipment locations and social distance measuring
- Touchless sanitary stations installed at strategic locations and classrooms
- Social distancing measures with queue control
- Socially distanced classroom seating
- Advanced cleaning arrangements with on-site sanitization professionals
Having introduced UK Maritime and Coastguard Agency (MCA) approved STCW webinars, we have created a schedule that maximises the use of a live interactive digital platform for some of the theoretical elements of the Basic Safety and Updating Courses. For the practical elements, we operate under stringent policies that comply with the HSE, MCA and Government guidelines.
Our strict measures have been put in place across all of our sites to ensure the safety and well-being of SMT’s customers and staff.
It is recommended when attending our courses for delegates to carry a letter from the employer confirming they are travelling for key worker safety critical training and where possible to also hold a copy of the booking confirmation and/or joining instructions.