Stream Marine Training Re-opens Safely to Offer Blended Learning for Key Worker Safety Critical Courses
After weeks of hard work and careful planning, Stream Marine Training (SMT) re-opened for business in June offering a blended digital and classroom based range of STCW safety critical courses to support the maritime industry’s key-workers. Having successfully delivered pilot test courses we are now ready to welcome back our most valued customers!
Having run dozens of the UK Maritime and Coastguard Agency, MCA approved STCW webinars over the past month, we have put together a schedule that allows our customers to do the theoretical elements of the Basic Safety Week and Refresher cycles using a live interactive digital platform.
For the practical elements, new stringent policies that comply with the HSE and Government guidelines have been put in place on site to ensure the safety and well-being of SMT’s customers and staff.
- Protective screens and face coverings introduced
- One-directional routes set up around the premises
- Markings on the floor for equipment locations and distance measuring
- Touchless sanitary stations installed at strategic locations and all classrooms
- Social distancing measures with queue control
- Medical checks and safe areas
- Major reduction of paperwork for staff and delegates with a drastic move to electronic forms and assessments
- Staggered start times
- Advanced cleaning arrangements with on-site professionals with a clear directive and cleaning program
Numbers attending classroom courses have also been limited to respect social distancing requirements.