Stream Marine Training Remains Open for Key Worker Safety Critical Courses. Updated November 2020
With the changing COVID restrictions and the movement of our operating regions into Tier 4 in Scotland, we would like to take this opportunity to update you on the situation and provide reassurance for all of our delegates and clients that we remain open.
As of the 9th July 2020 Seafarers were recognised as Key Workers (see link) hence all the travel, accommodation and essential services remain in operation in order to support them.
Stream Marine Training being one of the largest government approved training providers, are classed as a critical safety service supplier to key workers and will remain open. We have spoken to a number of other key workers’ suppliers and understand hotels, taxis, catering and transport will also remain available to the key workers regardless of the status of COVID introduced limitations. It is recommended for seafarers to carry a letter from the employer confirming they are travelling for key worker safety critical training.
Having run dozens of the UK Maritime and Coastguard Agency approved STCW webinars over the past months, we have created a schedule that maximises the use of a live interactive digital platform for some of the theoretical elements of the Basic Safety and Updating Courses. For the practical elements, we have operated throughout the spring/summer lockdown under stringent policies that comply with the HSE, MCA and Government guidelines. These strict measures have been put in place across all of our sites to ensure the safety and well-being of SMT’s customers and staff.
- Protective screens and face coverings introduced
- One-directional routes set up around the premises
- Markings on the floor for equipment locations and distance measuring
- Touchless sanitary stations installed at strategic locations and all classrooms
- Social distancing measures with queue control
- Medical checks and safe areas
- Major reduction of paperwork for staff and delegates with a drastic move to electronic forms and assessments
- Staggered start times
- Advanced cleaning arrangements with on-site professionals with a clear directive and cleaning program
- Numbers attending classroom courses have also been limited to respect social distancing requirements.