Job Opening: Managing Director
Stream Marine Safety and Survival Ltd (SMSS) is looking to appoint a dynamic, focussed Managing Director to develop this business and deliver the growth plan that has been agreed with the Board of Directors. SMSS delivers world-class safety and survival training to the maritime, oil and gas and renewables sectors from our multiple locations in Glasgow, Scotland.
We are proud to count many of the leading ferry operators, cruise lines, oil and gas majors and service companies amongst our valued clients as well as many self-sponsored individuals. Our courses carry internationally recognised certification from the leading Award Bodies for these sectors.
We are looking for a service driven, revenue-focused Managing Director to drive revenue and profit growth across the company; expand our relationships with current clients; win new clients across our target sectors; increase the portfolio of products and services that we offer and manage and mentor our in-house team to deliver exceptional performance.
Required skills and experience include:
- Knowledge of the maritime and/or oil and gas industries.
- Successful track record of revenue and profit growth with a minimum five years’ experience at Director level.
- Demonstrable track record of financial acumen and management – experience of running a company Profit; Loss Account alongside management of daily costs, budgets, forecasts and other financial metrics and KPIs.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Track record of building, managing and leading a successful team.
- A keen knowledge of operational Health and Safety and its vital importance within an operational business
Additional skills and experience that would be viewed favourably include:
- Experience of working in an OPITO/MCA approved training centre at a senior level.
- Network of contacts within the training area from maritime and oil and gas clients.
- Experience of working to the ISO standards.
A competitive remuneration package is available for the appropriate candidate, which will reflect their experience and capabilities.
Fancy joining us? Send your CV and a cover letter with a bit about yourself to: careers@streammarinetraining.