Job Opening: Trainee Survival Instructor
Due to an exciting new investment and continued growth, Stream Marine Safety and Survival Ltd are looking to appoint a Trainee Survival Instructor to join our fast-paced, progressive training centre based at Glasgow International Airport. SMSS offers training and consultancy services to meet the standards required by the maritime, oil and gas and renewables sectors and has its own deep water training pool within our head office on campus at the Airport.
The role requires:
- Duty Life Guard for courses involving the survival pool
- Teaching assistant for courses connected with the survival pool
- Assisting with capsize drills for our pool-side fast rescue boat
- Operating our ancillary pool-side training aids
- Testing the pool and maintaining and cleaning the surrounding areas
There is a further, future opportunity for the successful candidate to be trained to deliver our training courses and become a rescue diver and teaching assistant for a range of new courses that are currently under development.
The successful candidate should:
- Be qualified as a lifeguard
- Be personable, presentable and diligent
- Possess a can-do mentality
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Take pride in their area of the business
- Have excellent inter-personal skills.
Job Type: Permanent
Fancy joining us? Send your CV and a cover letter with a bit about yourself to: careers@streammarinetraining.