SMT develops a wide range of training courses that are based around our customers procedures, facilities, equipment and operations. These courses cover theoretical learning as well as practical training and can either be delivered at SMT’s fire ground, pool, survival craft or classroom facilities, or can be delivered on the customers site, vessel or asset.
We agree the required learning objectives, assessment methodology and certification requirements of the training with our customers, following which we develop the training using the most effective blend of learning for the course subject. This blend typically includes a combination of: classroom training; practical, hands-on competence-based training; drills; simulation; eLearning; and workshop-based sessions. Delegates are assessed using the most appropriate assessment methodologies, with successful delegates being awarded with certificates, which are approved by internationally recognised awarding bodies, where appropriate.
Tailored courses have already been developed for various customers for a number of subject areas, including: Shipboard Security; Confined Space Entry and Confined Space Rescue; Working at Height and Rescue at Height; Task Risk Assessment; Permit to Work and Crisis Management. Courses can be developed and delivered in multiple languages and will include the requirements of local laws, regulations and relevant guidance.
Training delivered on customers’ vessels and assets removes the costs associated with accommodation and travel and provides the opportunity for course delegates to learn skills in the environment where they will be working day-to-day. Please contact us to discuss your tailored training requirements.
Current Marine Training Projects
- Training Gap analysis for personnel and Competency Gap analysis for shipping personnel.
- Designing courses to suit the requirements of our clients and gaining relevant industry accreditation for our clients.
- Monitoring of support staff to improve overall business performance.
- Manage training department through step change programme to improve efﬁciency.
- Ports training portfolio for ﬂeet of ports staff to tie together overall ports staff competency and demonstrate a recognised training programme.
- Producing Introduction to Shipping program for national ferry operator.
- Producing Introduction to Ports and Awareness programme for national ferry operator.