GWO Manual Handling Refresher (MHR)
Manual handling refresher training for the offshore renewables and windfarms industries.
The aim of this Module is to encourage positive Manual Handling and ergonomic behaviour, encourage delegates to consider alternatives to manual handling through planning and to train delegates ability to perform Manual Handling tasks in a safe manner in the wind turbine industry/environment.
A participant is only allowed to attend a refresher course in the specific training module prior to the date of expiry on the current certificate or training records. If a certificate or training record is expired, the participant must attend the full Basic Safety Module(s) Training(s) to obtain a new training record.
- The Delegates are able to demonstrate a problem-solving approach to Manual Handling in a wind turbine environment
- The Delegates are able to demonstrate Manual Handling risk reduction techniques
- The Delegates are able to identify aspects of their job tasks that could increase their risk of developing muscular/ skeletal injuries
- The Delegates are able to demonstrate understanding of the importance of carrying out work duties in a safe and sound manner in accordance with the legislative requirements of their geographic work location
- The Delegates are able to demonstrate understanding of safe practises of Manual Handling, including the correct handling of equipment
- The Delegates are able to identify signs and symptoms of injuries related to poor Manual Handling techniques and have knowledge of reporting methods
- All personnel participating in Refresher Training shall be medically fit and capable of fully participating.
- The Delegates shall also have a personal Delegate profile in WINDA and provide their own WINDA ID prior to completing the BST training.
- Valid GWO BST/BSTR Manual Handling certificate or Winda record.
GWO BSTR Manual Handling Refresher
Who is this course for?
Persons continuing a career in the offshore wind or renewables industry
£76 excl. VAT