Advanced Training for Service on Ships using Fuels Covered within the IGF Code
5 Day Course
Price £1200.00 Exc.VAT
This course is designed to give seafarers the education and training required to carry out shipboard operations on vessels using field covered within the IGF Code.
It also serves to provide advanced training for seafarers responsible for designated safety duties associated with the care, use, or in emergency response to the fuels on board ships subject to the IGF code.
This is an MCA approved course.
- Familiarity with physical and chemical properties of fuels aboard ships subject to the IGF Code,
- Operate the controls of fuel related to propulsion plant and engineering systems and services and safety devices on ships subject to the IGF Code,
- Plan and monitor safe bunkering, stowage and securing of the fuel on board ships subject to the IGF Code,
- Take precautions to prevent pollution of the environment from the release of fuels found on ships subject to the IGF Code,
- Monitor and control compliance with legislative requirements,
- Take precautions to prevent hazards,
- Apply occupational health and safety precautions and measures on board a ship subject to the IGF Code.
Those undertaking the course should be STCW management level certified officers or pre-qualified through basic gas tanker safety endorsements/certification.
Please note that certification will be issued when Tanker Firefighting AND this course have been completed.
Please note delegates will not receive certificate until they have completed Tanker Fire Fighting which can be done before or after this course.
After successful completion of the course (and Tanker Firefighting) the candidates will receive approved documentary evidence for advanced training for seafarers responsible for designated safety duties associated with the care, use or in emergency response to the fuel on board ships subject to the IGF Code as specified by MNTB.
For group bookings call Stream Marine Training on 44 (0) 141 212 8777 for rates.