5 Day Course
Price £1200.00 Exc.VAT
It also serves to provide advanced training for seafarers responsible for designated safety duties associated with the care, use, or in emergency response to the fuels on board ships subject to the IGF code.
This is an MCA approved course.
- Familiarity with physical and chemical properties of fuels aboard ships subject to the IGF Code,
- Operate the controls of fuel related to propulsion plant and engineering systems and services and safety devices on ships subject to the IGF Code,
- Plan and monitor safe bunkering, stowage and securing of the fuel on board ships subject to the IGF Code,
- Take precautions to prevent pollution of the environment from the release of fuels found on ships subject to the IGF Code,
- Monitor and control compliance with legislative requirements,
- Take precautions to prevent hazards,
- Apply occupational health and safety precautions and measures on board a ship subject to the IGF Code.
“Have completed the basic training for service on ships subject to the IGF Code or hold a basic gas tanker Endorsement.
Before a Certificate of Proficiency can be issued the seafarer must have completed at least one month of approved seagoing service that includes a minimum of three bunkering operations onboard. Two of the three bunkering operations may be replaced by simulator training on bunkering operations.
Holders of advanced Gas Tanker Endorsement should apply directly to the MCA for an Advanced IGF Certificate of Proficiency.”
After successful completion of the course (and Tanker Firefighting) the candidates will receive approved documentary evidence for advanced training for seafarers responsible for designated safety duties associated with the care, use or in emergency response to the fuel on board ships subject to the IGF Code as specified by MNTB.