Price: The cost is £654 EX VAT
Our STCW 4 Day Refresher Week (as per the Manila Amendment) combines the following courses:
- Updating Proficiency in Advanced Fire Fighting Route 2: 1 Day Course
This full-day course is part of the mandatory updating certification requirements under the STCW 2010 amendments for all seafarers with designated safety duties who hold an advance firefighting certificate.
This is a theoretical classroom-based course and covers a range of subjects:
• Firefighting procedures
• Communication and coordination
• Ventilation control
• Fire precautions
• Management and control of injured persons
• Procedure for communicating with shore-side firefighters
STCW 2010 Updating
- Updating Proficiency In Personal Survival Techniques (PST): Half Day Course
This course is the STCW approved mandatory survival course for anyone working as core crew on a merchant’s vessel and is accredited by the Maritime Coastguard Agency (MCA).
Delegates attending this course will gain basic survival training and what safety equipment you will find on a vessel under the safety of life at sea (SOLAS) regulations. And there is practical training in the pool in from which the delegates are expected to gain practical knowledge and understanding sea survival.
- Survival Techniques at sea
- Abandonment Procedures
- Righting Life Raft
- Familiarisation of Survival equipment
- Helicopter Rescue
MCA approved certificate under the Standard Training and Certification of Watchkeeper Act amended 2010. (STCW)
- Updating Proficiency in Survival Craft And Rescue Boat: 1 Day Course
This course is the STCW approved course for anyone working as core crew on a merchant’s vessel and is accredited by the Maritime Coastguard Agency (MCA).
Delegates attending this course will gain skills in lifeboat coxswain, and rescue boat handling including launch and recovery using twin fall gravity davits and single-arm davits and davit launched life rafts. training and what safety equipment you will find on a vessel under the safety of life at sea (SOLAS) regulations.
- Abandonment Procedures
- Survival Craft boat Handling
- Familiarisation of launch davits
- Search and Rescue Techniques
Maritime and Coastguard Agency (MCA) approved certificate under the Standard Training and Certification of Watchkeeper Act amended 2010. (STCW)
- STCW Updating Proficiency Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting: 1 Day Course
This one-day course is part of the mandatory updating certification requirements under the STCW 2010 amendments for all seafarers with designated safety duties who hold fire prevention and firefighting certificate.
To provide a basic introduction and knowledge of fire, there causes and the necessary precautions to be taken to minimise the risk of fire aboard the vessel. This course is a blend of theoretical and practical learning.
- The precautions needed to minimise the risk of fires. How fires are caused and how to extinguish them.
- How to use firefighting equipment with the use of breathing apparatus
- How to extinguish various fires of size and intensity
- Casualty rescue in smoke-filled enclosed spaces
STCW 2010 Updating
Revalidation for all courses: 5 Years
Prerequisites for the 4 Day Refresher Week:
Delegates must be fit enough to carry out the practical elements of the courses where necessary and must hold:
- A valid STCW Advanced Fire Fighting Certificate and have completed the STCW 2010 Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting Certification
- A valid personal survival techniques course and at least 6 months of sea time.
- A valid STCW fire prevention and fire-fighting certificate.
The training will take place at the Stream Marine Training headquarters including the use of our specifically designed onsite pool and fire ground. Delegates will also train at our new Survival Craft Facility.
|Stream Marine Training
Stream House Building 29
|Stream Marine Training Survival Craft Facility
Delegates will need:
- Writing materials
- Discharge book/other national ID numbers
• Government-approved photographic ID eg Passport or driving licence.
• Swimwear & Towel and a change of clothing
• Completed pre-enrolment & self-screen medical form
• Boiler suit and safety shoes
For group bookings call Stream Marine Training on 44 (0) 141 212 8777 for rates.
Pre-requisites: If you are unsure of which pre-requisites you may need for a course, please go to https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/maritime-and-coastguard-agency to check.