SMT Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) Awareness Training
Training for LNG fuel systems and implementing the correct procedures with confidence within the safety management systems and have confidence around risk managing the process.
This is a more detailed look at the hazards and practical elements of Liquified Natural Gas as a bunker fuel, with demonstrations that the delegates will remember.
- Introduction to LNG
- The drivers for using LNG as a fuel
- Properties of LNG
- Hazards of LNG
- Cryogenic storage – different solutions for ships
- Types of tank used for the storing of LNG
- The ecological facts on LNG
- The economical facts on LNG
- Setting up technical specs for LNG fueling systems.
- LNG bunkering – what to expect – technical solutions.
- Coordination/advise of the LNG project for the project management team within your organisation
- Regulations applicable to the use of LNG as a fuel
- LNG Bunker delivery methods
- Safe Bunkering
- The Bunkering Operation
- Management of LNG Fuel Tanks (to be discussed with your organisation and thus depending on the installation that we will have)
- Gas Measuring Instruments
SMT LNG Awareness
Who is this course for?
For those working with LNG as a vessels fuel.
£750 excl. VAT
Want to run this event in-house? Enquire about running this event in-house
Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this event near you?
Register your interest now