SMT Petrochemical Safety - Crude Oil Washing (COW)
A safety and operational instruction on crude oil washing on tankers, dealing with legislation, setup, conduct, and completion. We will also look at the emergency response aspects.
In accordance with: -
IMO Resolution A.897(21) – Amendments to the Revised Specifications for the Design, Operation and Control of Crude Oil Washing Systems (Resolution A.446(XI) as Amended by Resolution A.497(XII)) – (Adopted on 25 November 1999)
- Crude oil washing requirement
- Inerting requirements and monitoring
- Siphoning and washing procedures.
- Slop control
- Tank washing equipment
- Piping and pumping arrangements
- Training and personnel
- Final Inspection
- Emergency response and pollution control